Thursday, September 14, 2006

Get ready early to be late.

So the past few days have been interesting. Tuesday, Buddy came home from school and had to choose an activity to do for his homework concerning his spelling words. He chose the most time consuming one, which was to find at least nine of the 18 spelling words in a newspaper or magazine and glue them on a paper and write out the rest of the words. We do not get a newspaper. I had some old issues of U.S. News and World Report and some Scuba Diving mags, as well the free papers/circulars you get in the mail. We spent an hour looking for the words and I do mean we. The majority of the words we found in the Scuba magazine. His words were tought to find. We cheated on two words. One was knew. We found new, so Buddy just added a K on it. Another was bathmat. In circulars they are called bath rugs. So he cut out bath and then cut out mat from doormat and pasted them together. Those were some of the easy words too. So I tried to cook as I helped him with homework and only managed to start browning the ground beef. I ended up giving them Lunchables, while I finished browning the meat and stuck it in the fridge. SO we got the water ready and left house with plenty of time. We get to the field and we are the 2nd ones there, only we don't have Buddy's mouthguard. SO he couldn't practice until I ran home and got it. It was traffic time and I didn't get back to the field until 20 minutes after practice started. At least the water was there. The coaches took over water duty until Brian comes back. So Wednesday we had plenty of time. We did not have to leave for CCD( or as it is now called Faith FOrmation)until 6:10. Buddy came home, did math homework,we did the 20minutes of reading he missed on Tuesday and then the 20 min for Wed. He watched a little TV, we ate dinner and were on our way. I grabbed my purse, locked the door and went to get in the car. Then I realized I do not have my car keys. They are not in my purse, and nowremember that they are on the end table. SO I think, no problem, there are windows open at the back of the house. I will just pop a screen off and climb in through the window off the back porch. Yes I realize how silly it sounds to lock the door when Ithink that it is easy to climb in through the window. Well it turns out it is not so easy. At the old house, I locked myself out a few times and was able to pop the screen out easily. The cat fell through the screen a couple of times. Well, these screens are made so you have to pop them out from the inside.Luckily, we have had several neighbors watch our dogs for us, and they have spare keys to the house.So me and kids ran down the street in the rain(did I mention it was raining) got the spare key, I got my car keys and off we went. By the time we got there we were 15 minutes late. Today was uneventful until about 2pm. I got a phone call from the school saying Buddy was sick. I was still watching the neighbors little girl(she was running late) so I got the girls in the car and went and picked up Buddy. He was asleep in the nurse's office so I had to wake him up get him to walk out to the van. So, I get home and get Buddy in the shower(he got at school). As he was in the shower, the neighbor got home to pick up her daughter. Buddy ended up sleeping for 3hours and seems to be feeling better. My neighbor was nice enough to take Lizzie to dance for me tonight(her daughter is in the same class). So that was my past three days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you have had a hectic few days! i hope buddy is feeling better. nothing new here... falling asleep at work today. although i would much rather have it slow then busy :)

laura

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home