Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Happy Birthday Michael

So Buddy has officially started second grade in the new school. Last friday was his first day. The bus comes at 7:26 in the morning so I elected to drop him off at school. He still wants to ride the bus, so I might have him do that sometimes during the week. Coming home from school is a nighmare. All the 700 kids get released at the same time. There is a back parking lot for busses and day care and the front is for carpool. The problem is there is only one entrance to the school and for carpool they call 6 kids at a time and individually walk them to the car. SO Friday it took over an hour to get buddy from school. They get released at 3:25. The bus did not come until 5:30. Yesterday I had him take the bus home and he arrived at 5:00. The school's response "Have patience". Next week the kindergartners start. That is an additional 160 kids. I don't know what they are going to do. At his they had a staggered release time, a seperate entrence for buses, two carpool areas, and released as many kids in the carpool lane that could safely get to there cars. It ran smoothly. If I had Buddy ride the bus in the am and pm he would have almost a 10hr day. Today he has football, so hopefully carpool is not too bad today. My neighbor and I are going to carpool for a while so only one of us has to wait an hour at the school.
Anyway, back to my weekend. So Friday Buddy had a pep rally for football. It was a good idea, but there was some problems in there planning. They scheduled a coaches meeting at 6pm and the pep rally at 6:30. Well the coaches meeting did not get over at 6:30 and the pep rally was held in a gym that did not have air conditioning. It was after 7 when the pep rally started. It was cute, they had cheeleaders for all the teams and introduced all the players. Saturday morning , Buddy had his first game. They lost( but technically nobody wins or loses because no score is kept). The kids had fun. We did nothing for most of the day. Brian rode his motorcycle and then we went out to a wing place. We came home and had b-day cake( Buddy has football tonight). Sunday we played wiffle ball and grilled out afterwards. It was a lot of fun. Yesterday was spent wainting for the bus, and getting homework done. I also mowed the front yard. This morning I went out to lunch with K. and Lizzie and the girl I watch. Tonight, I will be taking Buddy to football. Brian has to work late, so he is going to meet us there. Brian is the waterboy for the team( he is really an assistant coach and offered to bring the water for today). SO I will be bringing the water in. I won't be able to carry the big water jug and the water bottles so I will use the wagon. Then hopefully I can get the rest of the yard mowed. And that is all. this weekend we have a party on Sat, one on Sunday, and hopefully I can get the kids to the lake on Monday.
For those of you who don't get the title of the post today is my birthday along with Michael Jackson.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Annie P!

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waterboy!.....gatorade is better :)

laura

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's bad, ... she's bad...
This explains your dancing, sharing a birthday with the king of pop and all...
K

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Annmarie!! I was out of town for the past week and there was no internet at the hotel. I did think of you on the 29th, I moonwalked in your honor.
Heather

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home