Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Oh What a Night!

So we had our 80's party this weekend. I think it was a success. We put our dining room table in the garage and turned our dining room into a dance floor. We had a disco ball up with colored lights on it. We had a Brian as the DJ with your choice of XM, records;cassettes, cds and our computer. The computer worked out the best because we had a free trial with a company that gaves us access to any song we wanted. People brought food so all Brian and I had to supply was drinks and decorations. We printed lots of pictures of people from the 80's and hung them around the house. We played 80's movies on the tv.(on mute). We had people bring pictures of themselves from the 80's. Everyone came dressed up, it was pretty amusing to see the clothes people came up with. I wore a leapord print shirt with a jean mini skirt, fishnet tights, white ankle socks with lace, and pink stilleto heels. The heels wore a good idea for the cosume but the next day my feet were killing me. A friend of mine found white spandex stirrup pants. The drinks were plentiful and I started enjoying myself early on. I lasted the night( until about 3:30) then had Brian get our overnight guests settled while I passed out in bed. The next morning was little rough. Luckily our kids stayed the night at a neighbors and we did not pick them up until 10 ish. I pretty sure everyone had a good time. I have not had a night like that in a long time. Sunday was essentially a wasted day, but the kids did play with the nieghbors in the afternoon, and then in the evening.
This is Buddy's last full week before school starts. He starts next Friday( I have no idea why they are starting on a Friday). I am going to try to take them to the beach this friday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our guests got themselves settled. I have nothing to do with it. -- Brian

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home