Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Is it because I don't work outside of the house?

I have complained about this before and will complain about it again. How hard is it to bag groceries? Not that hard, I know I have done it as a job and I try to do it as much as possible when I buy groceries. I even make it easy for the cashier and the bagger. When I unload groceries onto the belt, put the heavy stuff first mixed with appropriate lighter items, then I do the non food items(laundry detergent, shampoo etc), then the cold stuff, with the meat grouped together and salad stuff grouped together, then the light fragile stuff( eggs, bread, chips etc). I am not a genius but I know what stuff should be bagged together and how to get the least amount of bags of groceries. Now sometimes the cashier screws things up, by grabbing things randomly(sometimes reaching as far back as possible and ignoring the stuff right in front of them) other times the bagger just doesn't care and throws all sorts of stuff together, or make a super heavy bag that rips as it is being placed in the cart. Then I will find a bag that has a box of ziplocs in it, that's all, one box of ziplocs. I don't know if all this bothers me because I no longer have co workers and customers to be frustrated with, or if this would bother me anyway.
Enough of my complaining( for now). So last weekend was good. Friday, my friend K.( K. do you care if I use your first name in my blog?) and I took Buddy and Lizzie to a lake that is not far from my house. We had been driving by this lake everytime we drove to the beach. It was not near an exit and never really thought about it until we were driving to the beach. So it turns out the lake is less than 30 minutes from my house. It has a playground slide in the shallow part for the little kids, two water slides( ones you would find at a pool) on the dock that go into the lake, a bigger one with a turn were you drop 3ft , a rope swing, a fountain; and in a seperate part a 167ft water slide that you go down using mats. They also have a playground and two beach vollyball courts. It was awesome. For the 4 of us it was under $30. Cheaper than gas to get to the beach and back. It is only open until Labor day. It is spring fed lake so it is pretty clean. The kids had a great time. We went on a Friday that started off overcast,so it was not crowded at all. Next year we are going to look into a season pass. Saturday, Buddy had his first football game. It was not official. It was a jamboree, and Buddy's team played two games, one were they did offense the whole time, and then one were they did defense the whole time. After that we had SOnic of lunch. We love Sonic, but the closed one to us is 40 minutes away. There was one near were Buddy played football. Then we went to a birthday party for a one year old. It was a lot of fun, the kids had friends to play with and the party was mostly for the grown ups. They rented a bouncy thing, that both kids and adults had fun bouncing on.
So after we got home, we realized that Chewy did not get enough exercise that day. Chewy is his nickname, we named him Chewbacca, because that is what he looked like as a puppy.THis is a picture of him from last summer. So we got home and he chewed one of my shoes, It was my pink stilleto heel that I wore to the 80's party and spent a total of $3 on. Sunday I got the kids dressed in nice clothes and tried to get a cute picture of them togther. It did not work out the greatest. I did get a cute one of Lizzie. I took them to a park, and the sun was too bright for Buddy( according to him) and lizzie did not want to take a picture with Buddy. It was a little frustrating. After they played at the park for a little bit and then we went to BJ's and spent way too much money on neccessary items. Brian went to a training to help out with Buddy's football team and played horseshoes at the neighbors. Buddy's football team needed some help so Brian and two other dads took the the class so they can help coach the team. The coaches they have now are very knowledgeable, but do not get the kids excited to play. On Monday I watched practice and notice the difference Brian and the other two dads made. They really encouraged the kids and made them excited. Brian never played football before so I don't think he will be calling any plays, but he will encourage the kids and with about 20 5-7 year olds, they need people to help out on the field. Buddy is doing great at football this year. Lizzie had her last summer class for dance last night. In two weeks she will start her year round program. There is a new gymnastics studio that is opening up down the road that I think I will take her to for open gym, and parents night out. Today we have Buddy's open house for school. It will be the first time we see Buddy's new school. One of the nieghbors will be in Buddy's class, so he is excited. This weekend all we have planned is Buddy's football game Sat. morning and Wiffle ball on Sunday. I think I am going to try to go out to dinner this weekend for my birthday. Tuesday is my actual birthday, but Buddy has football, so we won't be able to go out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

We do all our grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and they have those spinny bagging things. So the cashier does the bagging. I make sure that I put stuff on the belt in the order that I want it to go back in the buggy. I don't tend to have much of a problem.

If you like Sonic, you should come here. They're everywhere. Our near our house, it's the ONLY fast food place.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the food store by my house uses plastic bags. i often find a bunch of bags with just one item in it. drives me nuts. it is ok to put the dish soap with the pledge! they dont need two seperate bags!

laura

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

A get annoyed with the same thing Annmarie! I take the time to put the stuff on the belt in the order I want it and they just throw whatever in each bag and it REALLY annoys me when they put ONE thing in a bag. "Common, people! How many bags do you like to carry when your taking groceries from the car to your doublewide!!!! Do you like it when the bag rips and your milk falls to the ground and explodes into a milky mess? No? Then double bag it!!!!" Sorry, that was a peak into the thoughts I am having at the checkout.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can use my lovely name as much as you want! But I like being K. Very mysterious...
I do appreciate that you left out the part about how I wanted to go on the rope swing at the lake but only kids were on it and then one other adult went but by then I chickened out. It was great to feel Old! ;)
But, you should have included the part about how Buddy was scared to go on the Big Water Slide and you went up and first to show him it was fun and then caught him when he came dowm and then he went by himself a hundred times!
What good is a blog if you don't tell the whole story, (even if part of it is how great of a Mom you are!)
K.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home