Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Prayer

I have been a terrible Catholic lately. We have not gone to church regularly in a while and we do not say prayers together before going to bed. This is going to change. This is the conversation we had in the car on the way home from CCD.B for Buddy, A for me, L for Lizzie.

B.: I have to write to Helen Mary 5 times.
A.: Why do you have to write to Helen Mary[our neighbor] 5 times?
B: Not to Helen Mary, the Helen Mary, because I didn't know it.
A.[moment of silence} It is called the Hail Mary, Buddy.
B: Oh.
A:Do you know the Our Father.
B: No I don't know it. {moment of silence] Who is our father?
L: I know who your father is, it is Grandad!

The conversation went on from there, but it got better. So we are going to become a little more religous, at least have my kids learn the basic prayers.

In other news, my brother had his surgery today. He will be in a cast for 5 weeks and out of work for possibly 5 months. He will definitly not go back until after the first of the year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

LOL That's funny. Eva's all about Jesus. Maria's balloon floated away and Eva told her not to worry that Jesus would get it. Then our cat is pink, because it rolled in sidewalk chalk and I think the fur is dyed because it won't wash off. I was fussing about it and Eva told me not to get upset about it because Jesus would take care of it.

I've been trying to be better about church too. James started taking Eva, but Lauren and Maria were just too much, so I'd stay home with them. But somehow, it got turned around. Now, I take all three of them, but in return James does the grocery shopping while we're at church.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I remember when I was little, one of my grandfather's favorite exclamations was: "Jesus, Mary and Joseph!" I used to think: "Okay, I know who Jesus is and I know who Joseph is, but who the hell is Marianne?"

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too funny, wonder if Dad knows that he is God :)

Laura

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao.. thats too funny..Mom told me about that..I just got this from Laura..pretty cool! Two more weeks in a cast. I already had my staples taken out of my leg(12 of them, nice scare). After that I start PT..Maybe looking to go back in Febuary or March..

David

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home