Friday, January 12, 2007

Wings

So I tried to post something the other day when I actually had something to say, and blogger was doing maintence or something. Now, I don't really have much to say, but feel the need to post. Things have been going well here. We had a good Christmas. Buddy was sick over Christmas with a fever and cold. It took him almost a week to get over it, and by then he was almost back to school. We threw a New Year's party this year. It was a lot of fun. I have been missing out on a lot of drinking opportunities this year. So far I have gone a trip to Wisconsin, with the whole purpose being alcohol related, Pats game were drinking and playing flip cup was the whole purpose of tailgating, and now our New years parties, were some of the festivities were, flip cup, Beirut(played with ping pong balls and quarters). I am sure that when I am able to drink again, things will be back to normal and it will just be regular parties. Anyway, so I stayed up until 3:30 in the morning and had a tough New years day recovering from lack of sleep. I have been busy pet sitting for people since before Christmas. I started off watching my neighbor's cat. That overlapped with watching my other neighbors 4 dogs and one fish. I have watched her pets many times before, but this time it was a little more nervewracking. It started off with her telling me she doesn't thing her 7yr old Beta fish is going to live much longer. While I was watching it, I never saw it eat. It tried to, but missed the food. She thinks it can't see that well anymore. Three of the dogs were on medicine. One is bigger than the others so he got a higher dose. Well, the second morning, the bigger dog spit out his medicine and the smallest dog ate it. I called the vet, and she told me to just keep and eye on her and not give her Medicine tom. The two of the dogs got in a fight. I had to pull one off of the other. The dog on bottom, Buddy, couldn't walk and would not bend one of his legs. So I carry him and put him in his kennel. After about 10 minutes he walked with a limp, and was back to walking normal when his owners came home. He also decided he did not want to eat for a few days. He normally doesn't eat as much when they are gone, but they were gone for a whole week this time. For a couple of days he only ate dog treats that I left in his kennel and he would eat them after I left. By the end, he was eating his food by going in his kennel and I would hand feed him. So the owners returned New Years' day, and the next day a friend of ours brought his dog over for us to watch for a week. She is a really good dog, but she has a lot of energy and barks a lot. When she was outside she would often bark at nothing. So she went home on Tuesday night, and now I am back to only taking care of my own pets. Due to my pregnancy, I cannot change the litter box. Many people would be like "woo hoo". Brian hates cats, and hates the litter box. He complains so much about emptying it that I wish I could empty it, and if it would not endanger the baby, I would empty it. It will be nice to have the baby and not listen to Brian complain about the litter box. He has been very good about the state of the house, which has been in decline lately. I am 18weeks pregnant and will have an ultrasound in 2 weeks. We are not going to find out the sex, which just amazes most people. That is all for now. I do not know when I will post next so Happy Birthday Heather!!!!
GO PATS!!!!


Oh, Yeah, I have been craving wings lately.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cats have no useful purpose in society.

Love Brian

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home